Thursday, June 24, 2004

Midsummer feast



I'm off to celebrate Midsummer now, which means that the blog won't be updated in a couple of days.

For those of you who are not familiar with this celebration of summer solstice (the photo above is taken at 00.30 a.m.), one crucial thing to know about it is that love is strongly connected with Midsummer. Since the Midsummer night is magic, a woman can see her future husband in her dreams. Where I come from, girls pick seven different kinds of wild flowers, during complete silence, and sleep with the flowers under the pillow. The husband to be will appear in their dream.

When I was younger, I faithfully undertook this procedure. The hope of getting a glimpse of my future husband remained, until the year I dreamt of Donald Duck. Nonetheless, there's no need for such methods anymore :)

Glad midsommar!

No comments: