Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Updating my Walkman

As the music freak that I am, I'm considering buying an iPod mini, the green-clad one. I only have to consult my wallet first. I realize I'm not the only one who's undertaken this process. In this week's international edition of Newsweek, there's an article on iPod as a cultural icon. The professor of kinesiology at the University of Michigan, Victor Katch, is cited:
"When my students see me on campus with my iPod, they smile." "It's sort of a bonding."
The best product wins, is Steve Jobs' comment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jobs once said that Apple should be the Sony of the computer industry.. I think with the Ipod, Apple is doing it, but it's the Sony of the web culture :-)
But shirt after he added, Apple should be the Apple of the computer industry. So what Apple is doing with Ipod make them really be the icon of ....

Yassine

Paeonia said...

Yes, and Apple is making its way into the tradition of giving gifts (or into the gift economy if you like) too...