Wednesday, July 14, 2004

No sun screen but cinema screen

Since it's freaking cold, the worst summer since 1928 they say, I've been watching a lot of movies lately.

Spiderman 2 - enjoyable, easy to watch but not as brilliant as some feel.
Pretty woman - since many women about my age praise this movie to the sky, I decided to buy it on sales and watch it. I'm quite tired of the wide-eyed looks when I admit I haven't seen it. But what a waste of time and money! I wouldn't be surprised if this fairytale story increased prostitution when it hit the movie theatres back in 1990. Gere's character was sleazy and if girls grew up looking up to this Vivian (J Roberts), I feel sorry for all of us.
Shattered glass - based on a true story about a journalist at The New Republic who wrote phoney articles. Good acting and a good plot. I wonder what Glass is up to nowadays. Will he, and should he, ever get hired as a reporter again? Does he even want to?

No comments: